Green Era buys USD-440m stake in Indonesian geothermal co Star Energy

The Star Energy Geothermal power plant in Indonesia. Source: Chandra Asri Petrochemical.

March 8 (Renewables Now) - Green Era Pte Ltd, a Singapore-based renewables investment arm of the Pangestu family, has closed the acquisition of a minority stake in geothermal-focused holding company Star Energy Group Holdings Pte Ltd for USD 440 million (EUR 403m).

Under the terms of the all-cash deal, Green Era has bought 250,801 shares that represent 33.33% of all shares issued and paid up in Star Energy. The remaining 66.67% continue to be held by Indonesia-based diversified group PT Barito Pacific Tbk (IDX:BRPT), which is majority-owned by the Pangestu family.

Through its subsidiaries, Star Energy has control over geothermal energy plants in Indonesia with a total gross capacity of 875 MW. The portfolio includes the Wayang Windu, Salak and Darajat geothermal power plants.

Green Era said in a statement that the acquisition of this ownership interest is the first under its merger and acquisition (M&A) strategy targeting growth in renewables across Southeast Asia.

(USD 1.0 = EUR 0.916)

Join Renewables Now's free daily newsletter now!

More stories to explore
Share this story
Tags
 
About the author
Browse all articles from Ivan Shumkov

Ivan is the mergers and acquisitions expert in Renewables Now with a passion for big deals and ambitious capacity plans.

More articles by the author
5 / 5 free articles left this month
Get 5 more for free Sign up for Basic subscription
Get full access Sign up for Premium subscription
\