•  
  •  
  •  

Enel, partners complete 22-MW battery storage plant in Germany

Enel

May 17 (Renewables Now) - Italy’s Enel SpA (BIT:ENEL) celebrated on Thursday the completion and commissioning of a 22-MW energy storage plant in the German state of Brandenburg.

The Cremzow Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) required a total investment of EUR 17 million (USD 19m). It will provide frequency regulation services to the country’s Primary Control Reserve (PCR) market, helping to stabilise the local grid. The facility could also be integrated with ENERTRAG’s wind farms at a later stage.

Enel Green Power Germany (EGP Germany) holds 90% of the special purpose vehicle (SPV) that owns the battery park, while local renewable power company ENERTRAG has the remaining 10%. Swiss energy storage solutions company Leclanche acted as the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contractor and manager, Enel noted.

(EUR 1 = USD 1.12)

More stories to explore
Share this story
Tags
 
About the author
Browse all articles from Lucas Morais

Lucas is based in Brazil. He joined Renewables Now to expand coverage of the Ibero-American market, a highly attractive destination for green energy investment.

More articles by the author
5 / 5 free articles left this month
Get 5 more for free Sign up for Basic subscription
Get full access Sign up for Premium subscription